News from PASI: Busy in the Field
PASI Planter Technology and Agronomy Plot Tour
September 2020 saw the latest and greatest in ag tech on display and available to try out for a special number of visitors to the Precision Agri Services fields.
Forget boardroom meetings with PowerPoint presentations, we got our hands dirty, and took a look at how to get the best yield out of our soil at the first PASI Planter Technology and Agronomy Plot Tour.
Focusing on the latest in planter technology, our team joined farmers in the field with examples of different add-ons to maximize crop yield by achieving uniform density levels, even heat and moisture distribution, and 360-degree soil rotation.
Aimed at giving farmers something they could take back to their own operation and make use of, the 2020 field day included depth studies, residue management studies, and closing systems from the experts at PASI, Precision Planting, and Raven Autonomy.
With the evening session so successful, we’ll be hosting another plot tour soon. If you’d like to be the first to get an invite, email email@example.com to join our waiting list.
Those in attendance had a chance to explore:
- different closing systems by checking out our closing and emergence plot studies.
- planter attachments by digging live behind planters in the field - and see the results first hand.
- planter technology by walking corn in different growth stages and talking about agronomic core principles with our experts.
- fertilizer application methods by visiting our agronomy team as we dig behind the planter and discuss options.
- farm equipment tuning with AgroEcoPower and Dyno horsepower analysis.
This was a unique opportunity for real hands-on digging in the dirt to see so much more than your average field day.